The danger of electric cigarette alias vape is considered lighter than regular tobacco cigarettes. Moreover, lately emerging trend of electric cigarette in Indonesia. The use of electric cigarette or vape actually aims to reduce the use of tobacco cigarettes, or even to make smokers quit smoking. Some people say that the use of electric cigarette is safer than tobacco cigarettes. Many people turn to electric cigarettes because they believe they can avoid the risk of heart disease and cancer associated with the use of tobacco cigarettes. However, is it true that vape hazard is nothing compared to tobacco cigarettes?
See Also: BENEFITS AND SMOKING LOSSES
What is vape?
Vape or electric cigarette is one of a kind of electronic nicotine delivery. Electric cigarettes are designed to help tobacco smoking addicts start quitting smoking. By switching from tobacco cigarettes to electric cigarettes, they slowly learn to quit smoking. Electric cigarettes exist in various shapes and sizes, but there are three main components in electric cigarettes, namely batteries, heating elements, and fluid-filled tubes (cartridges).
The fluid in this tube contains nicotine, propylene glycol or glycerin, as well as flavor enhancers, such as fruit and chocolate flavor. Some electric cigarettes have rechargeable batteries and cartridges. Electric cigarettes work by heating the fluid present in the tube and then producing a smoke-like vapor that generally contains various chemicals. Users suck these chemicals directly from their mouthpieces.
What is contained in electric cigarette (vape)?
In electric cigarette liquids contain propylene glycol or glycerin, nicotine, and flavor enhancers.
- Propylene glycol or glycerol serves to produce water vapor. Research shows that inhaling propylene glycol may cause respiratory irritation in some individuals.
- Nicotine is found in different concentrations, between 0-100 mg / ml in one electric cigarette.
- Flavor enhancers, such as chocolate, vanilla, fruits, and others, so that electric smokers can enjoy a certain flavor sensation in each suction.
- The other component is tobacco-specific nitrosamine (TSNA). TSNA is a carcinogen compound found in tobacco and tobacco cigarettes. Nitrosamines in small amounts are found in electrical cigarette liquids. The higher the nicotine content, the higher the TSNA level. In addition to TSNA, also found the content of metal compounds, such as chromium, nickel, and tin.
Is the dangers of vape similar to tobacco cigarettes?
So far, evidence suggests that electric cigarettes may be safer than regular cigarettes. The biggest danger of tobacco cigarettes is smoke, and electric cigarettes do not burn tobacco so it does not produce smoke but water vapor. Research shows that the levels of harmful chemicals present in electrical cigarettes are a fraction of the content contained in tobacco cigarettes.
But the content of these hazardous materials can vary. The study found that endothelial cells in the heart arteries showed a clear stress response when exposed to tobacco smoke, but not to electronic cigarettes. This shows the danger of fewer electric cigarettes than tobacco cigarettes. However, this still needs further investigation. Experts are still debating whether electric cigarettes are better or worse than tobacco cigarettes. Electric cigarettes also contain nicotine which is one of the addictive substances that are also found in tobacco cigarettes.
When you stop using it, you will feel like always wearing it again, and can cause feelings of irritability, depression, anxiety, and anxiety. It is dangerous for people suffering from heart disease. Still, using electric cigarettes does not keep your body safe from the health hazards it causes.
The only way to maintain your health is to quit smoking, whatever type of cigarette it is. Smoking once a day can even harm your health. Perhaps now the users of electric cigarettes have not suffered health problems, but for the long-term impact there may be. The health effects of new cigarettes appear within the next few years.
How dangerous is the electric cigarette for our body?
On the other hand, several studies show that electric cigarettes are far from harmless. Based on data obtained by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), several studies have shown that:
- Nicotine in an electric cigarette is absorbed by the body of its users and the people around it.
- Nicotine is very dangerous for young electric cigarette users because it has a negative impact on brain development.
- Nicotine is very harmful to the health of pregnant women and the fetus in the womb. Using electric cigarettes or even just being around people who use electric cigarettes can make pregnant women exposed to nicotine and other toxic chemicals present in electric cigarettes.
- Steam generated from electronic cigarettes is not a water vapor. It contains nicotine and can contain other chemicals that can interfere with health and contaminate the air.
- Steam generated by electric cigarettes and fluids present in dangerous electric cigarettes. Children and adults can be poisoned by swallowing, inhaling, or absorbing the liquid through the skin or eyes.
- Hazardous or possibly harmful chemical additives have been found in some electric cigarettes. These chemicals, such as those containing metals, volatile organic compounds, and nitrosamines. This level tends to be lower than tobacco cigarettes, but there is no way to know how much harmful content of electric cigarettes because it has not been set.
Other studies also show the dangers of vape. Reported by sciencenews, research shows that chemicals in electrical cigarettes can damage lung tissue and reduce the ability of lung cells to keep the lungs from germs and other harmful substances. This is because the content of nicotine in cigarettes causes lung cells to be easily penetrated by substances from outside the body. So, do you still want to keep smoking after knowing the dangers of vape? Love your body and those around you.